1. By the nature of this type of party, there are a few more things you need to do for decorating but let your decorations double as the items that you need to pull off a movie night.
2. A place to lounge: The first thing you need is some place for everyone to sit. Whether outdoors or indoors (and depending on your space restrictions), you can use blow up air mattresses with quilts and big pillows thrown across them. Or, have a big beanbag chair for each guest. I would provide a blanket for each beanbag, so your friends feel cozy.
3. To add a little extra excitement to this party, you can place velvet rope dividers on either side of your front door, so guests feel like they are walking into a theatre.
4. For the food table, buy pre-cut gold stars and write the name of each guest that is attending. Everyone will have fun looking for their name.
5. For your table centerpiece, place a replica of the Oscar trophy, and you can surround this with small potted boxwoods (or something else resembling a hedge).
6. Party favor: The age of the guests attending the party will determine your party favor. You can go elaborate and give a gift card for the local movie theatre or go simple and wrap up a box of Milk Duds in cellophane.
Spotify Playlist for Movie Night.
All recipes come courtesy of Penny and Eleazar Martinez.
Taste Tests for the menu ideas come out every Friday, so if you do not see the one you're looking for now, be sure to keep checking back here or on our Instagram.