If you like to swim for exercise, but do not have time to wash, dry, and style your hair after each dip, here is a trick for you. This works best for hair that responds well when shaped. It will take a little practice, but the results can be great.
1. Before you swim dampen your hair and apply a mixture of conditioner and gel to your ends. Disperse the product throughout your hair using a wide tooth comb.
2. Braid your hair into 2 French braids.
3. Put your hair into a swim cap.
4. After swimming, keep the braids in, but rinse your hair to remove the gel/conditioner combination.
5. Pat hair dry with a microfiber towel, squeezing the ends of the braids to remove excess water.
6. Put on your makeup, get dressed, and once the braids are dry, let them out. You will have a wave in your hair. If needed, use a wide toothed comb to break up the wave.
7. You can apply a gel to scrunch into the ends if you wish.
Anna Laurel Staskus-Contributor